Sunday, June 29, 2008

the seashore

If you have never collected sand dollars at the seashore, you are missing out on a true treasure! We recently visited the great little town of Seaside and had a fabulous time trolling for treasures in the low tides. (FYI: the tides on the coast are lower than they have been in many years, so for those treasure trollers.....this is a great time to go explore!) The first morning we were hoping for just one whole sand dollar - we ended up with about 15!!! The second morning, our sights were set a little higher! The girls decided we should double our previous find....we ended up with about 35!! YIKEEERS!!! And now, we have many beautiful sand dollars that will hopefully find a home on our mantle! (if I can ever get around to moving them off my counter and into a vase.... Cleaning these little beauties is a very long, tedious and STINKY story!!)
 
So, besides collect sand dollars we played on the beach, swam, ate lots of taffy (we found a really yummy shop), flew kites, met some new friends. Many thanks to Cami for hanging out with us - I agree that adult conversation definitely makes the afternoon happier:) 




4 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

I was SHOCKED when I saw you had a post on google reader! How fun at the beach. We miss you guys! And keep posting!!

kg said...

I'm envious of your sand dollar finds! Is that Cami from Corvallis your talking about! Looks like a great trip :) And YAY for updating your blog!

Cami said...

That was such a great time. We got there to late to find to many sand dollars. Thanks for hanging out with us!

Kathy said...

I need to come and see those sand dollars that I collected all that sand for!
Kathy