Wednesday, August 01, 2007

GR8 2B 8




My little girl has finally reached a long awaited birthday. Hallie has been looking forward to turning eight for a really long time. The last 6 months we have found the following scribbled on countless pieces of paper "it's GR8 2B 8"....code for it's great to be 8. So, it is an understatement to say that she is thrilled to have celebrated her eighth birthday.



I can remember thinking how small and perfect she was when she was born. It has been such a privilege to see her grow. I have an amazing daughter. I love so many things about her....
I love listening to her play me a piano piece that she has just perfected,
I love how she stays up late reading,
I love how she takes care of Sam,
I love to find her and Abbi talking about their day,
I love how she still asks for snuggles,
I love how she is brave enough to enter the school talent show,
I love her imagination,
I love listening her sing,
I love that she is my daughter.

2 comments:

kg said...

What a wonderful age to celebrate! She's a beatiful young lady :)

Julee and Matt said...

I still remember Hallie when she was so little. She has grown up so fast and is so amazing. We miss you so much and love you more.